The Car Pro is on scene at the Chicago Auto Show! Check out Jerry’s chat with Communications Director Mark Bilek as they talk about what’s so great about auto shows!
Chicago Auto Show Press Release
CHICAGO (February 14, 2015) – Taking center stage at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show will be a number of consumer vehicles making their world debut, including the all-new Acura MDX, Chevrolet Equinox, Honda Pilot and Toyota Avalon. Supercars are also on parade, catching the eye of Auto Show attendees. As the biggest assemblage of supercars in the show’s history, a lineup of 25 cars will be showcased all across the showroom floor.
The show opens to the public on Saturday, Feb. 14. Opening weekend promises an exciting line-up of events and nearly 1,000 different vehicles that will be on display throughout the more than 1 million square feet throughout McCormick Place. The show runs from Feb. 14-22 and is open from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. each day, with the exception of the last day, where the show will close at 8 p.m.
This year marks the 107th edition of the Chicago Auto Show. First staged in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America and has been held more times than any other auto exposition on the continent.
“The Chicago Auto Show provides automakers the opportunity to connect with hundreds of thousands of consumers,” said John Webb, 2015 Chicago Auto Show chairman. “In all, nearly a thousand different vehicles will be on display that appeal to each and every attendee; no other show can offer the diversity of display that you’ll find in Chicago.”
Chicago Auto Show attendees can be the first to see the newest cars debuted, including:
- Kia Trail’ster Concept and Rio
- Honda Pilot
- Chevrolet Equinox, Silverado Custom and Colorado GearOn
- Acura RDX and MDX
- Nissan GT-R LM NISMO and 370Z NISMO Roadster concept
- Ram Laramie Limited
- Ford Police Interceptor
- Toyota Avalon, Camry and Corolla
- Hyundai special edition Veloster Rally Edition and Elantra GT
The supercars are back at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show in full force. The lineup includes:
- Acura NSX
- Alfa Romeo 4C
- Audi R8
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Roadster
- Bentley Flying Spur W12
- Bentley Continental GT V8 “S” Convertible
- BMW i8
- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- Dodge Viper
- Ferrari California T
- Ferrari FF
- Ford GT
- Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
- Lamborghini Aventador Roadster LP700-4
- Lotus Evora IPS 2+2
- McLaren 650S Spider
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GT
- Nissan GT-R
- Porsche 911
- Porsche 918
- Rolls Royce Ghost Series II
- Rolls-Royce Wraith
- Toyota FT-1
Automakers displays will also host a number of notable new cars and trucks which are bound to attract the public’s eye, including:
- Audi RS7
- Buick Cascada cvt., Avenir concept
- Cadillac CTS V
- Chevrolet Volt
- BMW 6-Series
- Dodge Challenger Hellcat
- Honda HRV
- Hyundai SantaCruz concept
- Jeep Renegade
- Lexus GS-F
- Land Rover Discovery
- Lincoln MKX
- Mazda MX-5
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S, Maybach S600
- MINI JCW Hardtop, 4-Door Hardtop
- Nissan XD, Murano
- Toyota Tacoma
- Volvo XC90, S60 Cross Country
Not that every day isn’t a special day down at the Chicago Auto Show, but show organizers have again added structure to the 10-day run of the show. Special days at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show will include:
- Family Day: Monday, Feb. 16. The Chicago Auto Show will host a family fun on Presidents Day. Manufacturers will host programs tailored to families, including kid-oriented activities and safety events.
- Women’s Day: Tuesday, Feb. 17. Women will be admitted for just $6. Manufactures will present women-oriented programs on the purchase and lease of cars and maintenance.
- Hispanic Heritage Day: Friday, Feb. 20. On Hispanic Heritage Day, Chicago Auto Show exhibitors develop and host Hispanic celebration events.
- Chicago Auto Show Food Drive: Feb. 18-20. Show patrons who bring three cans of food will receive a coupon for half-priced admission. All food will be donated to A Safe Haven Foundation.