You can tell an Infiniti from a mile away, with its swooping lines, unique grill, and always-large tires and wheels. You may know this car formerly as the Infiniti M, which debuted 4 years ago. In the alphabet soup that occurred last year with Infiniti, the flagship Infiniti is now known as the Q70.
2014 Infiniti Q70
The Q70 handles fantastic, whether you are driving normally, or heading into a hard turn, especially when you choose Sport mode. You can also pick Normal mode, which tones the car down, or if you want to try to maximize fuel economy, switch to Eco mode. The problem with the Eco mode is the annoying Eco Pedal, which each time the driver steps on the accelerator, a counter push-back control mechanism is activated if the system detects excess pressure. It probably works, but if you are looking for good fuel economy, this isn’t the car for you anyway.
This is a true luxury car that stacks up nicely with the BMW 5-Series, Mercedes E-Class, and Audi A6. It comes fully loaded with a beautiful leather interior, double stitching on the dash, heated and cooled seats, power sunroof, Japanese Ash wood throughout, and navigation system.
My tester has the $3050 Technology package, which in part includes blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and forward collision warning.
This one also has the Sport Package for $6650, which upgrades the wheels, sport brakes, sport seats, aluminum pedals, a power rear sunshade, and a terrific 16-speaker Bose stereo, which features speakers built into the front seat.
Back seat room is good and trunk room is very good. The Q70 is full of safety equipment, and high tech features. The Q70 is a real head-turner and a joy to drive.
- What I liked most: Performance, handling, and overall looks.
- What I would change: Kill the Eco Pedal.
- MSRP: Base price $62,000 as equipped $72,260.
- Fuel Economy: 16 City/24 highway/19 combined.
- Odometer reading when tested: 6620 miles.
- Weight: 4004 Pounds.
- Length-Width-Height: 194.7” long/72.6” wide/59.1” High
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 20 gallons.
- 2014 Q70 in a few words: Performance and luxury unite in the Q70.
- Warranty: 4-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper, 6-year/70,000 mile powertrain warranty with roadside assistance, complimentary loan car.
- Car Pro Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
- Manufacturers website: http://www.infinitiusa.com/sedan/q70
- Dealers: We have great Infiniti dealers in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Phoenix and Sacramento. https://www.carprousa.com/car-pro-approved-dealers/
Photo Credit: Infiniti