Having just returned from a test driving two Alfa Romeos at the Circuit of Americas, the 2017 4C and 2017 Giulia, I can tell you one thing. I am definitely excited about the newest addition to the Alfa Romeo lineup, the all-new 2018 Stelvio.
The midsize SUV will start from $42,990 including destination when it goes on sale later this summer. The Italian-built SUV will launch as the Stelvio and the slightly pricier Stelvio TI. A By pricier, we’re talking $44,990, including destination. A Stelvio Quadrifoglio will be offered later but no pricing info yet on that one. (By the way, the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio just won Car of Texas.)
We checked out the Stelvio when it debuted at the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show last fall and it’s a beauty.
Alfa Romeo’s Q4 all-wheel drive system comes standard on both models. It will also come standard on the Stelvio Quadrifoglio when it arrives.
Below are highlights of the launch models from Alfa Romeo’s press release.
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
- Features an all-aluminum, 2.0-liter, direct-injection turbocharged engine that generates a class-leading, standard 280 horsepower and 306 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission, Stelvio launches from 0-60 mph in an estimated 5.4 seconds with a top speed of 144 mph
- Comes standard with Alfa DNA drive mode selector, class-exclusive carbon fiber driveshaft, dual exhaust with bright tips, 18-inch aluminum wheels (19- and 20-inch wheels available), leather seating, bi-xenon headlamps with signature LED daytime running lights and LED tail lamps, backup camera with rear park sensors, remote start, passive entry with Keyless Go, power liftgate, Formula One-inspired flat-bottom steering wheel with integrated push button start
- Available $1,800 Sport Package adds 19-inch wheels, sport-tuned suspension, steering column-mounted aluminum paddle shifters, sport steering wheel, genuine aluminum accents, gloss-black window trim surround, black roof rails, aluminum sport pedals and footrest, and colored brake calipers.
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti
- Adds standard 19-inch wheels, genuine wood interior accents, an 8.8-inch widescreen entertainment and information display, SiriusXM, front park sensors, heated steering wheel, and heated front seats. and much more
- Offers available $2,500 Ti Sport and Ti Lusso packages
- Ti Sport adds 20-inch wheels, sport-tuned suspension, 12-way power high-performance sport leather seats including 4-way lumbar and power bolsters with thigh extenders, steering column-mounted aluminum paddle shifters, sport steering wheel, gloss-black window trim surround, black roof rails, aluminum sport pedals and footrest, and colored brake calipers.
- Ti Lusso (late availability) includes 19-inch wheels, Luxury Pieno Fiore Italian leather seats with Cannelloni inserts, 12-way power front seats including 4-way lumbar, leather-wrapped dash and upper door trim with accent stitching, genuine wood trim in dark gray oak or Lusso-exclusive light walnut, luxury steering wheel, and aluminum pedals footrest.
Offered Safety / Security Features
- Full-speed Forward Collision Warning – Plus: Provides autonomous braking and, under certain circumstances, slows or brings the vehicle to a full stop when frontal collision appears imminent
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Plus with Full Stop: Helps maintain distance from the vehicle ahead and, under certain traffic conditions, the system can bring the Stelvio to a full stop without driver intervention
- Lane Departure Warning: Alerts the driver of inadvertent lane departure
Look for the Stelvio and Stelvio TI to arrive in the U.S. this summer.