If you live in and around the San Antonio area, check out the San Antonio Auto & Truck Show that runs Thursday, November 15, through Sunday, November 18 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. It should be a great one as this year marks the show’s 50th anniversary.
“This year, we celebrate fifty years of the San Antonio Auto & Truck Show, the Thrill of the Ride display that will showcase cars and trucks from fifty years ago to date, the arrival of the new Ford Ranger after a resurgence in the small pickup market, and more,” said Pam Crail, SADA president.
Auto Show Times
- Thursday, 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday, 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Admission is free for children, ages 5 and under, $4 for children, ages 6-10, $12 for adults online, $14 for adults at the door and $8 for military and seniors. Tickets will are available now online at www.saautoshow.com.
- Thrill of the Ride: In celebration of 50 years of the showcase, the Thrill of the Ride exhibit will be one of the highlights of the show, featuring vehicles from every decade covering the last 50 years, 1968-2009.
- Gas Monkey Garage: A meet & greet with stars of Discovery Channel’s Fast N’ Loud, as well as a special VIP visit for select guests. Richard Rawling’s personal 1968 Shelby Mustang convertible will be on display!
- The return of the Ford Ranger, plus Ride & Drives: Ford is bringing back the Ranger, and the FIRST place the public can see AND drive them is the San Antonio Auto & Truck Show at the Ford Ranger Tour, a special debut for the region. In addition to the Ranger Tour, Ford will have other models onsite for test drives, as well as Toyota, Chevrolet, and RAM.
- Monster Truck: King Krunch: The amazing and award-winning Monster Truck, King Krunch, will be on display at the show. Dillon Fenley, owner of DRF Motorsports, and the driver of King Krunch, will also be at the auto show signing autographs. (Autograph sessions will be held Thursday & Friday, 6-8 p.m., Saturday, 2-4 p.m. and 5-7 p.m., Sunday, 12-2 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.)
- The Vault: This is one of the hottest, sleekest exhibits on the block. You will find it in the MarketPlace, filled with tremendous amounts of eye candy. From Ferraris and exotics to an exciting reveal of the highly customized Batvette, this lineup of cars will have all of the guests head over heels for the collection.
- Green Awards: The fourth annual Green Truck Award will be presented by Green Car Journal, as well as the third annual Commercial Green Car Award, both internationally-acclaimed awards. Finalists for the Green Truck Award include the RAM 1500, Chevrolet Colorado, Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-150, and Ford Ranger. Vying for 2019 Commercial Green Car of the Year are the Ford Transit Connect, Ford Special Service Plug-In Hybrid Sedan, Mercedes-Benz Metris, RAM 1500, and RAM ProMaster City.
- Batman, Santa, and Super Mario: Special appearances from these three fellas will make the show even more special this year. Batman will be on deck on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Santa will be onsite for photos before getting ready for his long sleigh ride, on Saturday and Sunday from 2-4 p.m. And Super Mario will make his Auto Show debut on Sunday from 12-3 p.m.
- Interactive College Challenge: The College Challenge, sponsored by the South Texas Chevrolet Dealers, will feature students from local universities, including UTSA, Our Lady of the Lake University, Trinity University, and University of the Incarnate Word, as they compete against each other to be the fastest to get their respective student bodies into a small vehicle to claim bragging rights and a donation for their university group from the San Antonio Dealers Association. The College Challenge will be held on Saturday, November 17, at 2 p.m.
Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to see and learn about a great variety of options for personalizing and modifying their cars and trucks in the new MarketPlace.