The MDX Sport Hybrid gets a bump in power this year. Its NSX-derived three-motor Sport Hybrid SH-AWD powertrain delivers 31 more ponies bringing it to 321-peak horsepower along with 289 lb.-ft. of torque. Fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 27 mpg combined.
The MDX Sport Hybrid also adds four new exterior color options to its palette: new Gunmetal Metallic and three new premium colors: Majestic Black Pearl, Performance Red Pearl and Canyon Bronze Metallic. Other new features in the cabin include:
- High-contrast seat and door panel stitching
- New interior wood treatment
- Driver and front-passenger 4-way power lumbar control
- Driver and front-passenger 12-way adjustable seats
- Three-motor Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® powertrain
- 3.0-liter, i-VTEC V6 engine
- 7-speed dual-clutch transmission (7DCT)
- 4-mode Integrated Dynamics System with SPORT+ mode
- Active Damper System (ADS)
- Electric Servo Brake System
- Body-color lower side sills and front/rear skid garnishes
- SH-AWD badge on rear and Hybrid badges on front fenders
Technology and Advance grades include unique interior trim, exterior badging and stainless steel sport pedals. Technology Package models can seat seven, while the range-topping Advance Package incorporates a 6-passenger interior configuration with second-row captain’s chairs and a large second-row center console in place of a three-occupant bench seat.
Driver’s Assistance Features
The 2019 MDX includes the AcuraWatch suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies as standard equipment. AcuraWatch includes Collision Mitigation Braking System with Forward Collision Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Road Departure Mitigation with Lane Departure Warning.
What You’ll Pay
The 2019 MDX Sport Hybrid starts from $52,800 excluding destination and handling. That’s $1,500 over the conventionally powered MDX SH-AWD with Technology Package.
Photo Credit: Acura