The 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel
and 2020 Kia Telluride SX
are the newly named Truck of Texas and SUV of Texas. The winners were announced November 20th at the San Antonio Truck and Auto Show. The announcement follows the Texas Auto Writers Association's annual Texas Truck Rodeo that was held in October. Itís the second consecutive win for the Ram 1500. (Weíre big fans of both here at CarProUSA.)
TAWA's 2019 Texas Truck Rodeo included 56 journalists who evaluated 54 vehicles. Journalist members spent two days evaluating vehicles on- and off-road in the Texas Hill Country.
"Our journalist members were impressed with the continued capability and refinement in the Ram product line, particularly the 1500 compared to the domestic competitors at the event," said Michael Marrs, TAWA's president. "They also were impressed by the level of luxury and value in the new Telluride. It delivers a lot of practicality and comfort for Texas families."
Ram won more awards than any other brand at the event. In addition to the prestigious Truck of Texas title, it won the heavy duty, luxury and full-size truck categories, along with several awards for its innovative features.
Toyota won four awards, including the mid-size and full-size SUV categories with the RAV4 and Sequoia. Jeep's Gladiator and Wrangler won the mid-size pickup and off-road SUV categories, while Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Acura and Volvo also took home awards.
2019 Texas Truck Rodeo Award Winners
Truck of Texas: 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel
SUV of Texas: 2020 Kia Telluride SX
- Subcompact Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2019 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
- Compact Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2020 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road
- Mid-Size Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2020 KiaTelluride SX
- Full-Size Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
- Compact Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
- Mid-Size Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription
- Full-Size Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2020 Lexus GX 460 Luxury
- Mid-Size Pickup Truck of Texas: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
- Full-Size Pickup Truck of Texas: 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel
- Heavy Duty Pickup Truck of Texas: 2019 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn
- Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas: 2020 RAM 1500 Limited
- Off-Road Pickup Truck of Texas: 2019 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
- Commercial Vehicle of Texas: 2019 Mercedes Sprinter Passenger 4x4
- Off-Road Sport Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- Best Infotainment System: RAM Uconnect System & Touchscreen Display
- Best Powertrain: RAM EcoDiesel
- Best Towing: RAM Rear Air Suspension
- Best Safety Feature: Toyota Safety Sense P
- Best Driver Assist System: Toyota Panoramic View & Multi-Terrain Monitor