Toyota is talking up the upgrades for the 2020 Prius Prime, the most fuel efficient Toyota hybrid in the lineup. Available this summer, the LE grade will MSRP for $27,600, the XLE for $29,500 and the top of the line Limited from $33,500.
Toyota says the Prius "Prime” is the best-equipped Toyota Prius in the model's nearly two-decade global history. It can run in either EV20 or hybrid driving modes.
- New 5th seat for even more room
- Standard Apple CarPlay, SiriusXM, and Amazon Alexa
- Two additional USB ports for the rear passengers
- Black interior accents to replace previous white accents for a more premium feel
- A new sun visor extender
- A relocation of seat heater buttons for front seat passengers for easier usability
- New grade strategy that offers LE, XLE and Limited Grades
Fuel Efficiency and Range
Toyota says the Prius Prime is the most efficient Toyota hybrid yet. When the charge has run out, Prius Prime has a manufacturer-estimated 54-combined mpg.
With its manufacturer-estimated 640-mile total driving range and 25-mile EV Mode20 driving range, Toyota says the Prius Prime continues to raise the efficiency bar. The powertrain is a Toyota first, thanks to a dual-motor drive system that improves acceleration in EV Mode for a fun drive. The Prius Prime is also HOV-approved as a single-occupant green vehicle in some states such as California and New Jersey.
So how much can you really save with Prius Prime? Enter your one-way commute mileage, and Toyota will estimate the annual savings and benefits you may see by commuting with Prius Prime: https://www.toyota.com/priusprime/calculator/