It is not just cars that are suffering due to the mass movement towards SUVs, minivans are paying the price also. Sales of minivans through February 2019 reached 59,964 versus the first two months of 2018 when 77,816 were sold.
Since neither Ford or GM offers a minivan, the numbers below are complete and Ford and GM not reporting sales except quarterly does not affect this list.
With the exception of Kia Sedona, every other minivan sold in America was off from year ago numbers.
Here are your minivan sales after two months in 2019:
- Dodge Grand Caravan: 26,852 down 26.88%
- Chrysler Pacifica: 14,817 down 23.99%
- Honda Odyssey: 12,486 down 4.93%
- Toyota Sienna: 10,265 down 36.08%
- Kia Sedona: 2,492 up 9.44%