Taking a play from Subaruís playbook, Honda is going after dog lovers. The automaker is highlighting the dog-friendly features it offers in its vehicle lineup. The brand says its light truck, SUV, and van lineup has something for every breed, be it the Great Dane-sized interior in the Chihuahua-sized HR-V, the kibble-ready HondaVac in the Odyssey
minivan, the "ruff" and rugged Passport
, or the Ridgeline
pickup with its in-bed trunk/dog wash station.
In honor of National Dog Week, Honda recently enlisted the help of some furry friends to demonstrate how its vehicle lineup can help humans and their canine companions make the most of a day at the park.
Watch this over-the-top cute video:
Honda says its dog-friendly lineup has booked nine years of continuous growth, spurred on by recent refreshes of the 2019 Pilot and HR-V, and the all-new 2019 Honda Passport. Honda runs down some of the highlights for us here:
- HR-V: Freshly restyled last year, the 2019 HR-V features Hondaís class-exclusive second-row Magic Seatģ, which allows amazing cargo and interior flexibility in the HR-V's small size.
- CR-V: Named SUV of the Year by Motor Trend when the 5th-generation model debuted in 2017, the CR-V is America's most popular crossover vehicle over the past 22 years, with U.S. sales approaching 5 million vehicles.
- Passport: Honda says the new Passport 2-row midsize SUV offers both off-road capability and excellent on-road refinement. Read our review of the 2019 Honda Passport Elite here.
- Pilot: Designed with families in mind, the 3-row Honda Pilot with available all-wheel drive received a substantial refresh last year. Honda says it is the #2 retail best-selling vehicle in its class. New for the 2020 model year is a range-topping Black Edition, which includes exclusive perforated leather seats, special badging and exterior trim, and black-treatment 20-inch wheels. Read our review of the 2019 Honda Pilot Elite here.
- Ridgeline: The midsize Honda Ridgeline offers unique features such as the In-Bed Trunk and Dual-Action Tailgate. It can also tow 5,000 pounds. Honda says its on-road refinement is second to none in the midsize pickup class, a combination that won it top honors in the Cars.com recent Mid-Size Pickup Truck Challenge.
- Odyssey: The Odyssey is the best-selling minivan in America since 2010. It celebrates its 25th anniversary this year with a special anniversary edition accessory package, available on all trims. The Odyssey is packed with family friendly features, winning it multiple awards, including multiple wins as Kelley Blue Book's Best Buy for minivans.
The Honda Fit
also recently made Autotraderís list of top vehicles for dogs.