2020 Houston Auto Show. Credit: Houston Auto Show.
The countdown is on to the Houston Summer Auto Show! It kicks off next Wednesday and if you can get there, youíll see some great new vehicles that include the Ford Bronco, Jeep Grand Wagoneer and Kia Carnival. The show runs May 19 - 23rd at Houstonís NRG Center.
Itís the first time the 38 annual event has been held during the summer, plus for the first time it will include a RV and boat display. The auto show was postponed earlier in the year and moved to May due to the pandemic. Test drives will be offered of various models under strict safety conditions.
Note, that face masks are required for attendees. See the full is of safety protocols below.
The show is produced by the Houston Automobile Dealers Association and presented by the Houston Chronicle. Brands include: Aston Martin, BMW, Bentley, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Genesis, Hyundai, JEEP, Kia, Lexus, Lincoln, Lotus, Mazda, McLaren, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Ram, Rolls-Royce, Toyota, Subaru, Volkswagen and Volvo.Check out our guide to navigating auto shows here
ďThis first-ever summer auto show has been exciting to produce,Ē said Roger Elswick, chairman of the Houston Automobile Dealers Association and president of Community Auto Group in Baytown. ďWith the help of manufacturers, local dealer groups and individual dealerships, weíve selected a wide variety of vehicles for guests to experience.Ē
Youíll see exhibits like Camp Jeep, the Ram Test Track and new to Houston, the Ford Raptor simulator. If classicís are more your style, you can check out a selection of classic vehicles with a summer vibe, like a 1934 Ford Woody Wagon and a 1955 Porsche 356 Continental.
Boating, RV and motorcycle enthusiasts -- thereís also something new for you this year. Houston based, Texas Sportfishing Yacht Sales will fill their space from top of the line bay boats to monster offshore fishing boats valued from $100,000 to one million dollars. Jump aboard to see their luxury center consoles, high speed motors and the best in the bay fishing options including brands like, Contenter, Yellowfin, Yamaha and Tidewater.
Longtime Houston RV dealer, Demontrond RV will also bring in a new RV display with brands such as Thor Motor Coach, Forest River, Winnebago and Entegra. Team Mancuso will display two-wheeled exhilaration with their offering of Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT Due To Covid-19:
For more information, and to purchase tickets online, visit FtWorthAutoShow.com.
- Health screenings based on CDC and local health authority guidelines will be performed on all persons upon entering NRG Center. We encourage you to monitor your own health before you arrive.
- 1All persons ages 2 and older will be required to wear a face mask covering your mouth and nose at all times, except when eating or drinking in designated areas. If you have any condition that prohibits you from wearing a face mask, we kindly ask that you visit the Auto Show another time when face masks are not required.
- Maintain social distancing at least 6 ft from others not in your group.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly and use the hand sanitizing stations available throughout the event.
- To monitor capacity and abide by capacity restriction set forth by NRG Park, all persons, regardless of age are required to have a ticket.
- Tickets are only be available online through Ticketmaster in advance. They went on sale April 26.
Dates: May 19-23
Wednesday-Friday Noon to 9:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM to 9:30 PM
Sunday: 10 AM to 7 PM
Location: One NRG Park
Tickets: Special Summer Auto Show pricing is just $10 ticket plus TicketMaster fees online in advance of the show. Children 2 years old and under are free. Online tickets can be purchased here.Further information can be found at: www.HoustonAutoShow.com.