New GMC HUMMER SUV Edition 1. Credit: GMC.
We’re betting by now you’ve heard the news that GMC is adding another HUMMER to its all-electric HUMMER lineup: the 2024 HUMMER SUV. The new HUMMER EV Truck arrives first later this year, with the two-row SUV going into production in early 2023. And because we know you’re wondering about price, we won’t keep you in suspense. An exclusive Launch Edition 1 will start from $105,595. Add the available Extreme Off-Road Package, and the starting price bumps up to $110,595. Both prices include transportation.
GMC introduced us to the 2024 HUMMER EV SUV in a new spot during the NCAA’s Final Four narrated by LeBron James. The new spot highlights the SUV’s capability and signature HUMMER EV features that offer Extract Mode and CrabWalk. You can place a reservation at GMC.com/HummerEV.
“The GMC HUMMER EVs were envisioned to be the most capable and compelling electric supertrucks ever,” said Duncan Aldred, global vice president of Buick and GMC. “The new HUMMER EV SUV is the next chapter, which will offer many options for customers to tailor the truck to their lifestyles, while continuing to encourage them to forge new paths with zero emissions.”
The new HUMMER SUV rides on GM’s next-generation Ultium Platform and has a nearly 9-inch shorter wheelbase over the HUMMER pickup. It will launch with an exclusive Edition 1, offered in Moonshot Green Matte. Customers can equip the vehicle for optimal driving range or maximum off-road capability. Edition 1 comes standard with 22-inch premium wheels, assist steps and floor liners.
An Extreme Off-Road package adds 18-inch wheels and 35-inch-OD MT tires, underbody armor and rock sliders, front eLocker and virtual rear lockers, heavy-duty ball-spline half shafts, UltraVision with underbody camera views and more.
GMC says expected best-in-class off-road proportions will help make the new SUV maneuverable, while also making the most of the HUMMER EV’s available signature features such as CrabWalk, Extract Mode and more.
The SUV’s look remains rugged and includes a new rear design with mounted full-size spare tire. Inside, a similar five-passenger layout from the pickup remains and includes a large and useful rear cargo area.
- 800-volt Charging
- GM estimated 300-plus miles of range on Edition 1 (with standard equipment)
- Standard Infinity Roof with removable Sky Panels, I-Bar and rear drop glass.
- GM’s Ultium Drive System offers up to 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque (GM estimated) — enough power for super-fast 0-60-mph sprints in approximately 3.5 seconds with Watts To Freedom.
- Great degree of customization via My Mode, auxiliary buttons and nearly 200 accessories available at launch
All HUMMER EV SUV models feature the enhanced version of Super Cruise, an available driver-assistance technology offering hands-free driving on more than 200,000 miles (approximately 322,000 km) of enabled roads. The system’s new automatic lane changing feature can determine when a lane change is optimal and initiate the maneuver, while following signaling protocols.
Other notable features are an available Power Station generator that provides up to 3 kilowatts of power from the vehicle.
Standard technology features include:
- Large, 13.4-inch diagonal infotainment screen and 12.3-inch diagonal driver information center display
- In-vehicle Energy App that monitors energy use, sets up charging schedules, battery temperature conditioning and more, right from the infotainment screen
- Digital Key allows owners to use their smartphone as the key fob for their HUMMER EV. The technology detects the owner’s phone and its location in proximity to the vehicle, enabling a number of passive operations such as approach lighting, entry unlock and vehicle operation
An HD Surround Vision with up to 14 camera views and available UltraVision offers up to 17 camera views with underbody cameras (included with available Extreme Off-Road Package).