Few cars are prettier and more recognizable than a Jaguar, and the XF Sport certainly delivers on the good looks and heritage of the Jaguar.
This mid-sized luxury sedan comes very nicely equipped. In fact, this car doesn’t have a single option on it, rare for luxury cars these days. The XF Sport comes with a 340-horse, 3.0-liter supercharged engine that is connected to an 8-speed automatic transmission that you can shift from paddles on the wheel. There is zero lag with the blower, and when you nail it, acceleration is immediate and strong.
This car looks great from every angle. The classic Jaguar grill is beautiful, it has some beautiful 20” 10-spoke wheels in Dark Gray, which make a terrific accent for my Polaris White review vehicle. From the rear, there is an understated spoiler, and chrome exhaust tips. This car sounds terrific.
Open the door, you see one of the things that people always talk about, and that is the looks of the interior. Leather seats are soft and rich looking, and you instantly notice the dash-where doors open and close to expose the air conditioning vents. It is a totally useless feature, but still a fun thing to see. Back seat room was surprisingly large, and it has nice trunk space, and even has a spare tire.
The XF Sport is equipped with blind spot monitoring, keyless entry, power moonroof, navigation system, a 360-watt Meridian sound systems, Bluetooth and HD radio, rearview camera, and steering wheel controls with power tilt wheel. The rear seats fold down in the car, and it comes with parking assistance. Also standard is the ever-annoying start/stop technology, but luckily it can be turned off.
Jaguars drive and handle great, the XF Sport is no exception. Dynamic Stability Control holds the XF to the road very well in hard turns. Overall, this car is a joy to drive, and Tata Motors priced it in line with its competitors.
My only complaint is the antiquated electronics that operate all the air conditioning, audio, and navigation systems. It operates like an old system and looks like old technology. Otherwise, this is an enjoyable car!
2015 Jaguar XF Sport
- What I liked most: Exterior and interior, value, and performance.
- What I would change: The in-dash electronics need updating.
- MSRP: Base price $58,100. As equipped $58,100.
- Fuel Economy: 18 City/28 highway/22 combined.
- Odometer reading when tested: 2239 miles.
- Weight: 3902 Pounds.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 18.4 gallons.
- Towing Capacity: N/A
- 2015 Jaguar XF in a few words: A good-looking, fast Sport Sedan and a great buy.
- Warranty: 4-year/50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty with roadside assistance, and complimentary first maintenance.
- Car Pro Rating: 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars
- Manufacturer’s website: Jaguar
Photo Credit: Jaguar