Audi’s second-generation Q7 Quattro crossover gets more tech, more room and quite a price hike. It’s priced at $55,750 to start, and that’s A $6,500 jump over the outgoing entry-level model.
The 2017 Q7 introduces Audi’s new SUV design language to both exterior and interior features, debuting an all-new lightweight, multi-material body and chassis. Expertly-crafted double inlay dash design, available customizable ambient interior LED lighting and available segment-exclusive Bang & Olufsen 3D Advanced Sound System further enhances the luxury of the interior.
A Bose 3D Sound System is also available, which includes 19 speakers, a 15-channel amplifier and 558 watts to deliver acoustic accuracy and impact. While the exterior dimensions have remained similar to the outgoing model, the all-new Q7 offers substantially more interior room for passengers with seating for up to seven standard.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of its new features:
- New portfolio of available driver assistance systems including adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist
- Audi virtual cockpit with a large, 12.3-inch display with NVIDIA® quad core processing power
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- An available Bang & Olufsen® 3D Advanced Sound System
- Towing capacity has increased to 7,700 pounds, with optional towing package
- Sheds 475 pounds from previous model
- More headroom, legroom and shoulder room in the second and third rows
- Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel (new Q-model design)
The seven-seater 3.0 TFSI goes on sale at the beginning of 2016.