Just in time for Earth Day this Saturday, April 22, Kelley Blue Book is highlighting its top 10 Hybrid sedans in the under $40,000 category.
The list is heavily dominated by Korean and Japanese automakers, but one GM model does make the cut. The models range from the $25,570 Toyota Prius, the least expensive model on the list, to the $37,230 Toyota Highlander.
- 2017 Toyota Prius ($25,570): Kelley Blue Book editors say despite growing competition, the Prius remains King of the hybrids.
- 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid ($23,035): KBB calls Hyundai’s new Ioniq “nothing less than the most fuel-efficient hybrid on the market.”
- 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid ($30,480): Editors like its highly efficient, well-integrated powertrain, plus its excellent resale value.
- 2017 Kia Niro ($23,785): KBB describes the all-new Kia Niro as a vehicle for efficiency-minded drivers who’d “rather drive something that looks more like a regular car.”
- 2017 Kia Optima Hybrid ($26,890): The Kia Optima midsize sedan gets a place at the table for its efficient, smooth-driving ride. Check out our Car Pro Kia Optima Hybrid Test Drive here.
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid ($26,835): KBB editors say along with the pros of being a hybrid, the Sonata has one of the segment’s best-designed and most practical interiors.
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid ($29,990): The RAV4 gets points from editors for its class-leading fuel economy with ride height, cargo flexibility, and go-anywhere attitude.
- 2017 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid ($28,750): The Malibu is the only car from a Detroit Top 3 on the list. KBB says it’s among the most fuel-efficient midsize sedans on the market. Oh, and it features the same gas-electric hybrid architecture that drives the newest Chevrolet Volt.
- 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid ($27,675): The Toyota Camry Hybrid with its 40-mpg fuel economy was a no-brainer for KBB editors.
- 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid ($37,230): Editors say they’re tempted by the Highlander’s three rows of seating, 30 mpg in the city and Toyota reliability.
Photo Credit: ToyotaTags: earth day eco-friendlye KBB kelley blue book top auto list