Barrett-Jackson and the collector car community will continue to illustrate their giving spirit with a spectacular group of charity vehicles on the docket for the 10th Annual Las Vegas Auction, Oct. 19-21, 2017, at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
A group of high-profile stars, including NASCAR Vice Chairman Mike Helton, NASCAR Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace, and automotive TV celebrities Steve Darnell and Danny Koker will gather together and support charity vehicles set to benefit first responders through the Injured Police Officers Fund in Las Vegas,the American Red Cross, NASCAR Foundation, Convoy for Hope, YMCA, SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund and TGen Children’s Cancer Research Fund.
“The philanthropic nature of the collector car community has always been inspiring, and to date we’ve helped raise over $94 million to give kids, students, military veterans and families worldwide a chance to overcome life-altering challenges,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Our country bands together more than ever in difficult times, and we look forward to joining the Las Vegas community in doing what we can to help give back to those in need.”
One of the marquee charity vehicles for Las Vegas is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Red Rock Edition, owned by NASCAR Vice Chairman Mike Helton. It is one of fewer than 50 production vehicles built by Jeep, and was inspired by Moab and the celebration of the 50th Annual Easter Safari gathering of Jeep enthusiasts from all over the world. Both Mike Helton and NASCAR Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace will be onstage as the rare Jeep crosses the block and the entire hammer price will benefit The NASCAR Foundation, who have chosen to earmark the money for the UNLV Foundation, with funds directed to the UNLV School of Medicine Dept. of Emergency Medicine Residency Program Fund.
Also highlighting the seven charity vehicles crossing the block in Las Vegas is a 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake 40th Anniversary Edition, from the personal collection of Steve Davis, which Barrett-Jackson will auction to benefit the Injured Police Officers Fund in Las Vegas. Originally owned by former Ford Motor Company CEO Mark Fields, it was documented as the seventh built that year, and 11th Super Snake manufactured that year after being transformed by Shelby Automobiles (now Shelby American) in Las Vegas under the watchful eye of Carroll Shelby himself.
“The emotion in the room when charity cars cross the block is second to none, and we’ve lined up some remarkable charity vehicles for Las Vegas,” added Barrett-Jackson President Steve Davis. “We’re grateful to have an opportunity to support those affected by the recent tragedy in Las Vegas, along with the many other people that will be positively impacted through the sale of all our charity vehicles.”
Additional charity vehicles set to cross the block in Las Vegas include:
- 1972 Ford Maverick Custom Coupe – Built at the SEMA Garage, this 1972 Ford Maverick, dubbed “The U3 Project,” was built by a team assembled by movie star, director and car enthusiast Sung Kang. It was built to represent the ultimate underdog and is the same model car that Kang’s character “Han” drove in the Hollywood blockbuster “Fast Five.” 100% of the hammer price will benefit the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- 1991 Acura NSX – Clarion Builds brought this iconic car back to life, giving it a proper nut-and-bolt restoration and tasteful upgrades that brought it to modern supercar spec. 100% of the hammer price will benefit the American Red Cross.
- 2017 Chevrolet Crew Cab Custom Pickup – This special edition Count’s Kustoms truck built by Danny Koker will include a Count’s Kustoms special-edition motorcycle. It features a 5.3-liter engine, automatic transmission, custom paint and special wheels. 100% of the hammer price will benefit YMCA of Southern Nevada.
- 1930 Ford Model A “Vegas Rat Rods” Cancer Car- Steve Darnell, owner of Welder Up Car Shop and star of the hit reality TV Show “Vegas Rat Rods,”crafted this ’30 Ford A, forged in the spirit of Ed “Big Daddy” Roth’s 1960s Rat Fink designs. This vehicle portrays, from front to rear, the hopeful journey of a cancer patient, from the black dead cancer roses of diagnosis to the fresh living red blooms of recovery. 100% of the hammer price will benefit TGen Children’s Cancer Research Fund.
- 1965 Shelby Cobra Re-Creation Roadster – This new-build Cobra re-creation was built by Bill Jordan, the Cobra expert who appeared on the world-renowned “South Beach Classics” TV show with Ted Vernon. 100% of the hammer price will benefit Convoy of Hope to support ongoing relief and efforts to rebuild in Texas and Florida in the aftermath of hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
The 10th Annual Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas Auction will be broadcast on Discovery and Velocity, and internationally on Velocity Canada, Discovery UK and Discovery Turbo UK during the three-day auction. For specific television schedules, please click here.
The 2017 Las Vegas Auction Docket is available to view online.