Nissan is adding a special rugged edition to the Nissan Pathfinder's 2023 lineup. It's the off-road-inspired 2023 Pathfinder Rock Creek. It's offered as four-wheel drive only and is available with slightly more horsepower than standard grades. Nissan says it's designed for customers looking for a "higher level of fun and adventure" in their family SUV.
"The 2022 Pathfinder was all about a 'return to rugged,' and the Pathfinder Rock Creek takes that spirit even further," said Michael Colleran, senior vice president, Nissan U.S. Marketing and Sales. "From the urban jungle to the natural beauty that can be reached within minutes from the city, Pathfinder Rock Creek has both the style and hardware to create an adventure just about anywhere."
The Rock Creek Edition will be available in six mono-tone exterior colors and four two-tone exterior combinations. Key features include:
- Off-road tuned suspension with 5/8-inch lift
- 18-inch beadlock-style wheels mounted with all-terrain tires
- Tubular roof rack with up to 220-pound load capacity
- Exclusive front fascia with dark V-motion grille and mesh insert
- Rock Creek badging
- Exclusive leatherette + fabric seats with Rock Creek embroidery
- Orange contrast stitching on the seats, steering wheel, instrument panel, center console and door panels
- Standard Intelligent Around View® Monitor with Off-Road Mode
The Rock Creek edition also offers increased available horsepower (295-hp versus 284) and torque (270 lb.-ft. versus 259) over the standard grades - numbers achieved when using premium fuel, due to revised fuel mapping.
Other standard equipment includes a tow hitch receiver and harness, 2nd row captain's chairs and LED fog lights. The Rock Creek can tow a maximum of 6,000-pounds.
The Pathfinder was all-new for 2022. The 2023 model year lineup goes on sale late this summer.