Chevrolet is officially debuting its first-ever 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ZR2. It's a new trim coming to the all-new Silverado lineup that rolls out next spring with design, technology and performance updates. The new ZR2 trim, with a factory-installed lift, will sit atop the lineup as Chevy's new off-roading flagship.
Chevrolet revealed the ZR2 in a 60-spot that aired during the recent opening game of the NFL season. It featuring five celebrities and experts from a wide array of backgrounds putting the capabilities of the brand’s flagship off-road truck to the test. If you missed it, you can see the spot below:
The spot features:
- BRELAND, platinum-selling artist, highlights the elevated design of the Silverado ZR2 on the set of a video shoot.
- Chase Elliott, NASCAR Cup Series champion, confidently pulls his boat out of the lake using the Silverado ZR2’s available trailering technology.
- Chad Hall, world-renowned off-road racer and engineer, puts the Silverado ZR2’s off-road capabilities to the test like no one else can.
- Chris Pratt, award-winning actor who owns a ranch, uses the up to eight available cameras to track down his steer while Walter the cat watches from afar.
Sportscaster Michele Tafoya provides a play-by-play of the action.
“The first-ever Silverado ZR2 is truly unique, blending race-proven off-road capability with comfortable on-road manners, elevated design and thoughtful integrated technology,” said Steve Majoros, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “To really showcase the breadth of this truck’s capability, we needed a team of experts, truck-lovers and friends of Chevy to put it to the test in their own lives. The result is a fun and entertaining reveal that illustrates how versatile, capable and good-looking this new Silverado ZR2 truck really is.”
First-ever Silverado ZR2
Chevrolet says the 1500 Silverado ZR2 will offer race-proven off-road performance customers can buy right from the showroom floor. It will feature what Chevy calls a "premium interior, immersive technology," along with a number of standard safety equipment features. Chevy also says the ZR2’s suspension upgrades, enhanced off-road technology and exterior enhancements were developed to optimize off-road performance and capability — whether desert running or rock crawling — while balancing everyday driving comfort and supporting comparable payload and trailering capability to other Silverado off-road trims. The ZR2's maximum payload is 1,440 pounds and its conventional trailer weight rating is 8,900 pounds.
ZR2 highlights include:
- Standard 6.2L V-8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Silverado-first application of Multimatic DSSV spool-valve dampers
- Uniquely-tuned springs that, with the Multimatic dampers, increase maximum front and rear suspension travel, compared to the Silverado Trail Boss
- Front and rear e-lockers
- Specific off-road chassis and suspension calibrations, including Terrain Mode, which allows one-pedal4rock crawling
- Specific 33-inch off-road MT tires
- Unique skid plate package
- New steel front bumper designed for off-road strength, durability and clearance, including an all-new, high-approach front bumper that enables an improved 31-degree approach angle, compared to other Silverado off-road models.
You'll be able to tell it's a ZR2 not just by its badging. Unique design cues include a new black hood insert, a unique grille with integrated lighting and a “flow-tie” emblem and 18-inch wheels. Inside, the Silverado receives an updated cabin for 2022. The ZR2 is equipped with a Jet Black/Graystone leather-trimmed interior with complementing dark trim.
The redesigned 2022 Silverado lineup will be available Spring 2022. It will also offer Super Cruise hands-free driver-assistance technology on High Country with available trailering (late availability) and standard Chevy Safety Assist on all-new enhanced trims.
Stay tuned for pricing details.