Jeep is teaming up with Wallace Detroit Guitars to offer one-of-a-kind custom guitars and if you pre-order one now, you could get it just in time for the holidays.
It's part of a new collaboration between Jeep, Wallace Detroit Guitars and Cherrytree Music Company’s DETROIT DREAMERS. The guitars are crafted by using historic old-growth wood sourced from historic Detroit buildings.
Cherrytree Music Company’s rock group DETROIT DREAMERS created a custom track, “Dreamers,” and accompanying visualizer to celebrate the launch of the initiative. The song harkens back to the roots of founder Martin Kierszenbaum and bandmate Tony Lake’s passion for rock and speaks to the perseverance of dreamers that exists in everyone. To celebrate the launch of the song, DETROIT DREAMERS made a special appearance on Sept. 17, to perform "Dreamers" for employees at the Mack Assembly Plant in Detroit. “Dreamers” is available now on all digital platforms.
“Music, architecture and the automotive industry are revered in the city of Detroit,” said Olivier Francois, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Stellantis. “This initiative with Wallace Detroit Guitars and DETROIT DREAMERS to launch a custom Jeep-branded guitar and custom track gives fans the opportunity to own a unique and authentic work of art that both acknowledges their passion for the Jeep brand and celebrates the city’s history of music and its automotive roots.”
DETROIT DREAMERS founder Martin Kierszenbaum adds, “Growing up in Michigan, the people around us, many in the automobile industry, had a profound effect on Tony and me. We watched Jeep remain bold and ever ready to collaborate with adventurous musicians. With its approach to re-purposing local material, Wallace Detroit Guitars is the embodiment of Detroit ingenuity and resilience. It’s an honor to be wielding a guitar forged by both of those companies so deeply rooted in the community that shaped us.”
“Detroit is full of people who know how to make things. People love the history of Jeep and the brand has always been known for customization and details, so it was extremely fun from a creative side to bring some of those historic elements into this guitar,” said Mark Wallace of Wallace Detroit
Wallace Detroit Deluxe Jeep Guitar features include:
- Graphic of the iconic Jeep version of the U.S. Army star on the front of the guitar, hand applied by a branding iron
- The back of the guitar is as remarkable as the front, featuring engraved and hand-painted Jeep brand logo and Detroit topographical map
- Humbucker (trademark symbol here) neck pickup with the iconic Jeep grille graphic
- Maple neck and fretboard
- Deluxe beveled edge white pickguard
- Chrome hardware with traditional bridge and controls
- Single coil bridge pickup
- Guitar straps that come with every guitar are made from recycled car seat belts
- All guitars also come standard with a Gator hard-shell guitar case
- Hand-applied oil finish
- [WU1] 100% handmade IN Detroit OF Detroit for the Jeep brand
- Each guitar will be individually numbered as part of custom build as below:
Reclaimed Wood: Packard Plant
313-JEEP-(unique identifier #)
You can order your Jeep-branded guitar now by heading to www.wallacedetroitguitars.com. Guitars are priced at $2,900 and take approximately 90 days to complete.