Fiat Chrysler is recalling certain vehicles from three of its brands due to an alternator issue that could cause an engine stall.
- Approximately 17,000 model-year vehicles equipped with a 3.6-liter engine and 160-amp alternator:
- 2014 Chrysler 300 sedans.
- 2014 Dodge Challenger performance coupes and Charger performance sedans.
- 2014 Dodge Durango SUVs and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs.
- The alternator may suddenly fail, causing the vehicle to stall without warning, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Dealers will replace the alternator for free.
- Fiat Chrysler will begin notifying owners on Jan. 10, 2018.
- Owners can call the automaker at 800-853-1403, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236 or visit www.safercar.gov to check their vehicle identification number and learn more.
- You can check out the NHTSA recall document here and the chronology document here.
Photo Credit: ShutterstockTags: junk in the trunk recall