CarMD is a diagnostic tool I’ve known about and used for years. The company is now offering CarMD Garage, a turnkey online tool for car and truck owners. You just input a vehicle’s year, make, model – or vehicle identification number (VIN) – and mileage to generate a free CarMD Garage Vehicle Health Report. It has all sorts of useful info that can reduce the cost of vehicle ownership and extend a vehicle’s life.
CarMD Garage Vehicle Health Report
To generate a CarMD Garage Vehicle Health Report for your car or truck, visit www.carmd.com/garage. I pulled a report on one of my cars and the information was very useful.
Each free CarMD Garage Vehicle Health Report may include the following information:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) decoding
- Average miles per gallon (MPG)
- Service Maintenance Due
- Warranty Status
- Predicted Failure count
- Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) count
The following optional Premium Report information for most 1996 to current OBD-II cars, light trucks, minivans, and SUVs is also available for purchase:
- Detailed Service Maintenance due with repair difficulty, parts and labor cost for each service item
- Detailed Predicted Failures with description, percentage of likelihood, repair difficulty, and parts and labor estimates for service issues likely to occur in the next 12 months
- PDF of each of the articles for all TSBs by system available for that vehicle
- Vehicle Title History Reporting, including DMV and accident history
CarMD Garage is designed for average motorists, used car buyers and sellers, as well as automotive enthusiasts and DIYers. For instance, being able to decode a VIN or look up warranty status can be helpful when listing a used car for sale or shopping for car insurance.
Online Parts Search
As online auto parts purchasing becomes more prevalent, automotive enthusiasts and DIYers find that it can be difficult and time-consuming to search millions of parts online to find the right part for a specific vehicle. When maintenance is due, CarMD Garage pinpoints the right part and provides a direct link to purchase the part online, which also reduces returns for the online retailer.
Photo Credit: CarMDTags: car ownership maintenance VIN