It’s getting dark out at General Motors. Dark, as in, Chevy is introducing a new limited-edition Silverado Midnight Special Edition and it will show it off to the public at the Chicago Auto Show beginning February 14th.
Like the name implies, it features a dark monochromatic color theme, starting with an all-black front end with a body-colored grille, bumper, headlamp bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps. The color scheme extends to the rear of the pickup with black side moldings and beltline moldings, while 18-inch black-painted alloy wheels and black badges complete the look.
The package is based on the Silverado 1500 Z71, which includes off-road suspension, a locking rear differential and a trailering package, among other tech features.
“The Midnight special edition, like our recently announced Custom Sport Silverado, lets our dealers offer a custom look right from the factory,” said Sandor Piszar, Silverado marketing director. “Customers can get a monochrome exterior, black alloy wheels and other uplevel touches, while maintaining all of the dependability Chevy trucks are famous for along with full factory warranty coverage.”
Only 5,000 will be produced for the 2015 model year and it will tack on another $1,595 and $1,995 to the truck’s base price, depending on the model. Dealers can order the trucks starting in February.
Beginning with a black Silverado Z71, the Midnight special edition adds:
- An all-black front end with body-colored grille, bumper, headlamp bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps;
- Black side moldings and beltline moldings;
- 18-inch black painted alloy wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires;
- Special Z71 badges on the doors;
- A spray-in bedliner (black, of course);
- And the finishing touches – black Chevrolet bowties front and rear.