The historic joint sale of the last production 2017 Dodge Viper and 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is in the history books. The performance legends sold together for $1 million at last weekend’s Barrett-Jackson’s Annual Northeast Auction in Connecticut. Proceeds benefited the United Way.
Last Production 2018 Dodge Demon and 2017 Viper
The Dodge Demon and Dodge Viper were among the 662 vehicles that cross the block during Barrett-Jackson’s four-day event, with a 99.25 percent sell-through rate, selling for more than $24.9 million. In total, Barrett-Jackson set a Northeast Auction sales record, reaching nearly $27 million in total sales.
Five charity vehicles including the Demon and Viper, sold for a total of $1.245 million. An ’88 Corvette 35th Anniversary Edition sold for $60,000 benefitting the American Heart Association. A ’71 Corvette Sting Ray sold to benefit The Klingberg Family Centers and a ’70 Chevrolet C10 Pickup sold to benefit the American Red Cross.
Celebrities, including actor and pro wrestler Bill Goldberg, NBA star Ray Allen, NFL player Barkevious Mingo and comedian Jeff Ross were on-site for the action.
“Once again the energy and passion at our Northeast Auction has been incredible to experience this past week,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “We kicked off the event in a big way on Family Value Day with the historic unveil of the last production 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon in Mohegan Sun’s spectacular new Expo Center. The next three days continued to ramp up with hundreds of collectible vehicles and automobilia pieces, Ride ’N Drives, Thrill Rides and interactive exhibits. We were honored to be the first collector car auction to host the Gold Rush Rally. Saturday was also highlighted by the charity sales of the last production Dodge Viper and last Demon, along with a 35th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette to help support our yearlong Driven Hearts charity initiative. It was truly an electric weekend and we thank all of our guests for making it such a memorable auction.”
Top 10 vehicles sold during the 2018 Barrett-Jackson Northeast Auction included:
- 1967 Chevrolet Nova Custom Coupe “The Innovator” – $275,000
- 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake – $210,000
- 2015 Rolls-Royce Ghost – $203,500
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – $198,000
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6 – $172,700
- 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird – $170,500
- 1965 Chevrolet Corvette 396/425 Convertible – $170,500
- 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia – $170,500
- 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Custom Coupe – $156,800
- 1960 Chevrolet Corvette 283/250 Convertible – $144,100
Automobilia set a three-day auction record for total sales, selling 457 pieces that offered something for every type of collector and enthusiast. Automobilia sales soared to over $832,000, with the following top five sales:
- Late 1960s US Air Force Promotional Jet Shaped Go-Kart – $28,175
- 1950s Mobil Oil left-facing porcelain Pegasus neon sign- $28,175
- Hand-Built 1/3-Scale 1956 Corvette SR Prototype Go-Kart- $27,600
- 1950s Mobil Oil right-facing porcelain Pegasus neon sign – $25,875
- 1940s Chrysler-Plymouth single-sided neon porcelain sign – $23,000
Barrett-Jackson’s 2018 Las Vegas Auction runs from September 27-29, 2018.
Source: Press Release/Photo Credit: Barrett-JacksonTags: barrett-jackson dodge demon