Mecum Dallas 2018 reached $30 million in overall sales totals as 839 collector cars hammered sold for a 73 percent sell-through rate. The total sales achieved constitute an amazing 34 percent increase over 2017.
Top 10 Sellers
The auction’s top 10 sellers list was dominated by Ford’s GT, with four examples claiming their place in the lineup. A 2017 model with just 626 miles wearing Serial No. 77 came in as the auction’s highest seller at $1.32 million, while two 2006 models and one 2005 demanded sales of $258,500, $280,500 and $291,500, respectively.
See a compilation of day two sales here:
A stunning Bloomington Gold Certified and NCRS Top Flight-winning 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 took honors as the auction’s second top seller with a $440,000 sale.
The headlining Leaded Gas Collection sold in its entirety for nearly $1 million in total sales, and the 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback from the assemblage landed among top sales bringing $214,500.
The Sickies Garage Collection offering of a dozen Hot Rods and more also sold in its entirety for overall sales of $348,150.
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Dallas 2018 auction include:
- 2017 Ford GT (Lot S69) at $1,320,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (Lot S123) at $440,000
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S104) at $291,500
- 2006 Ford GT (Lot S107) at $280,500
- 2008 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster (Lot S154.1) at $277,750
- 2006 Ford GT (Lot W113) at $258,500
- 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (Lot S136) at $220,000
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S23) at $214,500
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S139) at $203,500
- 2001 BMW Z8 Convertible (Lot S114) at $192,500
Photo Credit: Mecum Auctions