Mercedes-Benz is issuing two separate recalls impacting just over 9,000 vehicles. One recall involves fixing doors that may not lock and the other is a braking issue.
#1. Mercedes-Benz GLE, GLS, S-Class, Mercedes-Maybach
- 8,700 models
- GLE400 4Matic, GLE350 4Matic, GLE350, GLE550e 4Matic, GLE43 AMG 4Matic, GLE63 AMG 4Matic, GLS450, GLE63S 4Matic, GLS63 4Matic, S550e, S600, S63 AMG 4Matic, S65 AMG, S550, Mercedes-Maybach S600, Mercedes-Maybach S550 4Matic, GLE43 AMG 4Matic Coupe, GLE63S 4Matic Coupe, 2017-2018 GLS550 4Matic, S550 4Matic, 2018 S450, and S63 AMG 4Matic vehicles.
- The rear passenger door on the driver side may indicate that it is locked, when it may not be.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the left rear door lock, replacing it as necessary, free of charge.
- The recall is expected to begin in January 2017.
- You can check out the NHTSA recall document here. NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V816000.
- Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
#2. Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- 432 models impacted
- 2017 G550, G550 4X4
- Issue: BRAKES
- The vacuum hose for the brake booster may collapse resulting in an increased braking effort.
- Dealers will replace the vacuum hose, as necessary, free of charge. However, parts are not currently available.
- Owners will be notified of the recall in January 2018 and they will receive a second letter when the parts become available, currently expected to be in March 2018.
- Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691 or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V817000.
Photo Credit: Mercedes-BenzTags: junk in the trunk mercedes-benz recall