For a lot of years, I chose my Top Five vehicles I drove during the year. It was a daunting task to whittle the list down to five, and I always felt like I left some great cars off the list. This year, I am going to do it differently, and not limit myself to a number, but rather share with you the vehicles I liked most by category.
So, with that, here we go! By segment, these are the vehicles I liked most based on initial quality, overall value within the segment, overall driving enjoyment, resale value, and performance. These are not ranked in order of my preference, and all these reviews are on the website.
- I was extremely enamored with the 2015 Ford Edge Titanium I had and thought it was an outstanding value.
- For the 2016 model year, the Honda Pilot is a game changer in SUVs; Honda addressed and corrected everything I did not like about the old version.
- A new entry that is taking the industry by storm is the 2016 Volvo XC90. It is as an enjoyable SUV as I’ve ever driven and was priced extremely well.
- A real surprise for me was the 2015 Jeep Renegade. It was fantastic in the compact SUV Segment.
- I also think the 2015 Nissan Murano should be on your consideration list, the changes were significant.
[image_slider] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2015-Ford-Edge-Titanium-e1450119619710.jpg”]2015 Ford Edge Titanium[/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Honda-Pilot-2016-e1446572514651.jpg”]2016 Honda Pilot [/image_items]
[image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/163264_The_new_Volvo_XC90-e1448924337893.jpg”]2016 Volvo XC90 [/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/JP015_147RN7aj0r77el6fjagh2gr1qj5aakb-e1435011003787.jpg”]2015 Jeep Renegade Limited [/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015_nissan_murano_16-e1435722666683.jpg”]2015 Nissan Murano [/image_items] [/image_slider]
- How do you not include the #1 selling vehicle in America 38 years in a row? The 2015 F-150 Platinum with its all-aluminum body and new features, it is spectacular.
- I recently had the new 2016 Toyota Tacoma and thought it was great. We know it has legendary quality and resale. Now it has more features and rides better.
- If you are into off-roading, check my review of the 2016 Ram Power Wagon. It is a beast!
[image_slider] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/15FordF150_04-e1450121515659.jpg”]2015 F-150 Platinum [/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/deloitte-10-30_1_2015-11-04_1050_C0002.mov.10_51_01_16.Still001-e1450120179120.jpg”]2016 Toyota Tacoma[/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/car-pro-studio-Nov-05_1_2015-11-11_1037_C0000.mov.10_37_55_22.Still001-1-e1450120320106.jpg”]2016 Ram Power Wagon[/image_items] [/image_slider]
- As people transition from sedans to SUVs more and more, the automakers are putting more effort in making sedans attractive. Although it had not been long since the last re-do, the 2015 Toyota Camry is spectacular.
- Chevy had two of my favorites sedans for 2015, the ’15 Chevy SS (made by Holden) was fantastic and probably a future classic. Then I had the 2016 Chevy Impala and just thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Of course, the list would not be complete without mentioning the 2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat with its 707-horse V8 under the hood. If you missed my burnout video with the Hellcat, don’t miss it!
- Last, I throw in the 2015 Rolls-Royce Wraith just because I can! That review was my first of a $400,000 vehicle.
[image_slider] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2015_Toyota_Camry_XLE_008-e1422067026315.jpg”]2015 Toyota Camry XLE[/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2015-Chevrolet-SS-005-e1450120493156.jpg”]2015 Chevrolet SS[/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/chevy-impala-e1450119667978.jpg”]2016 Chevrolet Impala [/image_items]
[image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DG015_084CH-e1427661587422.jpg”]2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat[/image_items]
[image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Rolls-Royce_Wraith_2015-e1425369086289.jpg”]2015 Rolls-Royce Wraith[/image_items] [/image_slider]
- I fell in the love with the 2016 Chevy Corvette, there were really nice changes. So much in fact, I ordered one for myself.
- I really loved the 2015 Ford Mustang with the 4-cylinder EcoBoost. The suspension system was one of the biggest and best changes to this car.
- Although I liked the Charger Hellcat more, the 2015 Challenger Hellcat was incredible, as you would expect with over 700-horses under the hood.
[image_slider] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/car-pro-8-21_1_2015-08-19_0913_C0000.mov.09_14_13_23.Still001-e1450118080608.jpg”]2016 Chevrolet Corvette[/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/MVI_7207.MOV.00_00_52_10.Still001-e1450121844901.jpg”]2015 Ford Mustang[/image_items] [image_items source=”https://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DG015_147CL-1-e1422342729222.jpg”]2015 Challenger Hellcat[/image_items] [/image_slider]
There you have it my friends, those are my top picks for calendar year 2015. I look forward to another great year of driving and reviewing cars for 2016.