The Texas Auto Writers Association, of which I am a member, has voted the 2016 Shelby Mustang GT350R its car of Texas and the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica the family car of Texas.
Nearly 60 journalists spent two days at Texas Motor Speedway evaluating 53 vehicles for their performance, value and versatility as part of the group’s Texas Auto Roundup.
“This year’s Texas Auto Roundup was our biggest yet with a record number of journalists and a highly competitive field of vehicles to evaluate,” said Nic Phillips, president of the Texas Auto Writers Association.
Vehicles recognized by the group:
- Compact car — 2016 Honda Civic Touring
- Midsize car — 2016 Kia Optima SXL
- Midsize luxury car — 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400
- Full-size sedan — 2016 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack
- Full-size luxury car — 2016 Cadillac CT6
- Performance compact — 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Performance coupe — 2016 Shelby Mustang GT350R
- Performance sedan — 2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
- Minivan — 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
- Activity vehicle — 2016 Nissan Murano Platinum