This week I’ve got a real beauty for you. It’s the 2022 Jaguar F-Type, a stunning luxury coupe in British Racing Green. This is one of the prettiest paint jobs I’ve ever seen on a production car.
I have to admit, the styling of this Jag is breathtaking. It has beautiful 20” wheels, quad exhaust in the rear, and the front and rear ends were redesigned in 2021 for a sleeker look and wider stance. I love that the door handles pop out when you unlock it.
Open the hood from the rear to reveal a 5-liter Supercharged V8 putting out 444-horses. If that is not enough, there is a 575-horse engine available, too.
Both engines are mated to an 8-Speed shiftable automatic. This one will take you from 0-to-60 in a little less than 4.4 seconds and will top out at 177-miles per hour. All F-Types for 2022 are now V8s, and it comes in a couple or convertible. My review vehicle is rear-wheel drive.
Jag’s are known for beautiful interiors and that certainly holds true for this F-Type. Both front seats are bolstered, heavily stitched, and offer a combination of smooth and patterned leather that matches the door panels.
The gauge cluster can be configured from the power tilt and heated steering wheel, and they are easy to read and quite colorful.
Center dash is the infotainment touch screen that is improved, but still lags behind the competition, and is not as fast or responsive as many of the vehicles I test today.
This is where you operate the 770-watt Meridian sound system, the navigation system, Bluetooth, Sirius XM radio, Apple Car Play, Android Auto, and settings.
On the center console, hit the start button and two huge air vents rise from the dash. It has no function to this feature, but I admit, it is pretty cool to watch.
On the center console itself are the drive modes, gear shifter, and buttons to turn off the start/stop system, raise the spoiler manually (it pops up automatically at 70 miles per hour), and my favorite button is the one that enhances the already wonderful exhaust sound.
There is a pretty amazing amount of cargo area in the rear, which stays under a cargo cover. The rear hatch also opens and closes with the push of a button. Be aware, the F-Type has NO back seat, not even space for a purse.
This is a Jaguar luxury car so it comes super loaded with just about everything, including a massive panoramic sunroof that is fixed, but has a manual sliding cover. It has dual 12-way power seats, remote keyless entry, rear camera, and a lot more.
On the safety front, there is blind spot monitoring, emergency braking, lane keep assist, traffic sign recognition, and parking assist.
Fuel economy is rated at 17 city and 24 highway. MSRP as equipped is $86,200 with transportation fees.
Let me lay it on the line here. The F-Type is not for everyone. The ride quality is somewhat harsh and it is fairly loud inside. It sits really low to the ground and some people will have trouble entering and exiting it. If you are over 6-feet tall, you may be uncomfortable.
However, just the sheer looks of this car would make you want to put up with the annoyances.
- What I Liked Most: The beautiful exterior looks & the acceleration.
- What I would change: A faster infotainment system.
- MSRP: Base price: $69,900/Total with transportation: $86,200.
- Official Color: British Racing Green.
- Fuel Economy: 17 city/24 highway/19 combined.
- Odometer reading when tested: 1,800 miles.
- Weight: 3,760 pounds.
- Spare Tire: None. Tire Repair Kit.
- Length-Width-Height:176” long/51.6” wide/74.2” high.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 18.5 gallons with the filler on the passenger side.
- Towing Capacity: N/A.
- 2022 Jaguar F-Type in a few words: Just a beautiful, work of art kind of car. A head-turner in the true tradition of Jaguar.
- Warranty: 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper with roadside assistance, and complimentary maintenance.
- Final Assembly Location: Castle Bromwich, United Kingdom.
- Manufacturer's website: Jaguar.