Just in time for auto show season, we bring you the Car Pro’s Shopper’s Guide to Auto Shows!
Here’s the inside scoop on why auto shows are a great starting point and can really help you out when it comes to narrowing down which car you want and why.
Here are five big reasons to add auto shows to your to-do list.
- There are cars galore. There is simply nowhere else you’re going to get to see so many makes and models in one spot — at one time. For that reason, Jerry’s advice is to get a map ahead of time and make a plan of attack.
- Auto shows are also a low-stress way to check out the latest features, engines, and technology at your own pace. But go on a weekday if you can to avoid the biggest crowds.
- They’re also great places to visit if you want to narrow down which cars fit you the best. Because not one car fits all. Getting into and out of every vehicle under one roof can be a savior. Two questions to ask yourself are how accessible and how comfortable it is. Take notes and compare pros and cons later.
- At auto shows, you can also talk to sales reps without the pressure to buy. And here’s an insider tip. Jerry says ask them about rebates. Manufacturers often offer rebates of $500 or more to auto show attendees, and that’s especially true in major metro areas.
- Last but not least, on-site test drives are also another big reason to go to auto shows. More and more automakers are offering them these days and it’s a great hassle-free way to take one.
So do yourself a favor and check out an auto show near you today. They’re a valuable tool when car buying and can save you time and money at the dealership.