Updates include new styling with premium accents, new wheel designs and new available safety features, as well as a larger color touchscreen radio and a standard rear-vision camera for entry-level models.
“Chevrolet Equinox is a pillar of the compact SUV segment, thanks to a value rooted in great style, efficiency, safety and connectivity,” said Alan Batey, president, GM North America. “The enhancements to the 2016 Equinox make a versatile vehicle an even better choice, and demonstrate Chevrolet’s commitment to delivering the broadest lineup of SUVs in the industry.”
Check out its debut below.
The new features available on the 2016 Equinox includes:
- New front fascia and chrome-accented dual-port grille design – including specific chrome trim on LT and LTZ grilles
- New, premium projector-beam headlamps on all models
- New daytime running lamps on LT and LTZ, with reflector-style lamps on L and LS, and light-emitting diode, (LED) lamps on LT and LTZ that create a distinctive, upscale lighting signature
- New fog lamps on LTZ
- New, Chevy-signature dual-element taillamps, revised license plate applique and revised lower rear fascia on all models, with chrome trim on LTZ lower fascia
- New 17-inch aluminum wheels on LT and new 18-inch aluminum wheels on LTZ
- New available 17-inch wheel optional on LS model
- New chrome exhaust outlets on V-6 models
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features on LT and LTZ
- Standard seven-inch-diagonal Color Touch radio and rear-vision camera on L and LS models
- Revised instrument panel “center stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
- Enhanced interior fabrics in L and LS designed for a premium look and feel
It will go on sale this fall.