The VW e-Golf, one of Volkswagen’s most awarded vehicles is getting a little less expensive, $2,000 cheaper to be exact. Volkswagen is launching a 2015 Limited Edition that comes with the more affordable trim package, making its MSRP starting price $33,450.
What’s unique about this Limited Edition model pricing is, of course, the fact that it’s going down, not up, like you typically see in a Limited Edition vehicle. The new Volkswagen model keeps things such as navigation, a fast charging system, rear-view camera and push-button start, bu ditches some equipment options, as well as things like leatherette and a heat pump system.
The 2015 VW e-Golf Limited Edition will drive into dealer showrooms later this year.
Volkswagen Press Release
Herndon, VA – Volkswagen of America, Inc., today, announced that a lower-priced version of the fully-electric 2015 Volkswagen e-Golf will go on sale at participating dealerships. The 2015 e-Golf Limited Edition is priced nearly $2,000 less than its SEL counterpart at $33,450, without compromising performance, quality, or versatility. The e-Golf Limited Edition is also available at a monthly lease price of $229, plus applicable fees.
The e-Golf Limited Edition is built on the same sporty Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform as the rest of the award winning Golf family. It is powered by a compact electric motor and a 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery (built in-house at the Volkswagen facility in Braunschweig, Germany), and offers 115 horsepower and class-leading torque of 199 pound feet.
Changes compared with the SEL Premium models include 16-inch steel wheels in place of aluminum-alloys, halogen instead of LED headlights, cloth in place of leatherette seating surfaces, and deletion of the heat-pump system. Equipment and features that remain unchanged from the SEL Premium model include:
- DC Fast Charging with the Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows up to 80 percent battery charge in 30 minutes
- Standard 7.2kW onboard charger
- Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded
- Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy (“Normal”, “Eco”, and “Eco+”) and three driver-selectable regeneration modes
- KESSY® keyless access with push-button start
- Navigation system
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Climatronic® automatic dual-zone climate control system
- Electronic parking brake
- Electrically heated windshield
- Automatic headlights and wipers
- Rearview camera
- Front and rear Park Distance Control
The e-Golf achieves an EPA-estimated Miles per Gallon of Gasoline Equivalent (MPGe) of 126 city, 105 highway, and 116 combined; the EPA estimates that range is 83 miles on a single charge. This makes the e-Golf the most fuel-efficient compact car in the U.S. according to the 2015 Most Fuel Efficient Cars by EPA Size Class (including electric vehicles) list.