You Can Now Order a 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

No more waiting at the crossroad because the Demon is coming.

The order books are open at dealerships for the 2018 Challenger SRT Demon. Yes, the 840-horsepower monster we saw earlier this year.

Its starting price is $86,090, which includes a $1,700 gas guzzler tax and destination.

Now let’s talk allotment. Dodge has learned a thing or two following some dealer hiked up prices for the Hellcat. So to avoid a repeat of that mess, the automaker’s allotment plan specifically discourages price gauging. Essentially, if dealers jack up the MSRP, those orders are last on the build list.

So the lower the agreed upon price between you and your dealer, the lower and more valuable, the VIN number.

“Demons sold at or below MSRP will receive priority scheduling resulting in lower serial numbers; Demons sold at a price that exceeds MSRP will be produced after priority production is completed,” according to a Dodge press release.

Since only 3,000 are being built for the U.S. market, if you get one it’ll be pretty valuable in the long run no matter what number it is.

Dodge hopes the policy will create the halo effect for the Demon. It doesn’t want it to be a model that’s impossible to buy because of bidding wars but rather act as a brand ambassador for the hardcore Dodge fans.

The production rule encourages customers and dealers to push for a relatively low price so they get the Demons in sooner.

It’s about getting an icon, aka rolling Dodge advertisement, on the road.

Personally, we think making a deal with the Devil has never been so fun.

As for other ordering details, Dodge Dealers can only order a preset number of Demons. Dodge determines how many using each dealer’s sales records with qualifying dealers selling more than one SRT Hellcat in the last 12 months. That number makes 60 percent of the Dealer score with the other 40 percent determining factor coming from the number of Charger and Challenger sales.

Actually going through the process of getting a Demon includes signing a ‘verification of order’ document at your dealership. The document is then notarized and filed at the new Demon Concierge service. Then and only then is your Demon put in line for production.

The Concierge Service makes sure customers check out a special list of safety considerations. It also sends you in-depth tech specs and a features guide to keep you drooling.

The Demon is the National Hot Rod Association’s fastest quarter-mile record for a production car ever. It clocks the quarter in 9.65 seconds with an 140 mph speed. It also sets the record for highest launching g-force for a production car at 1.8g.

Production begins this summer with the first deliveries to dealers starting in the fall.

Photo Credit: FCA
Copyright ©2018 Car Pro. All rights reserved.                                                      Team Access          Privacy          Terms of Service          Technical Support

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account